Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Velvet is not a Colour.

A lot of my friends [particularly male], recognise the word 'velvet' from red velvet cupcakes [YUM, my favourite!], and it must be explained to them that it is not in fact a colour, but a fabric. To me, a very amusing misconception. 

I have always had an obsession with velvet, particularly in a deep red shade. Although some people immediately think of horrendous 80s creations, to me velvet exudes a luxuriousness like no other fabric. Its texture and richness is perfection!

So really the combination of red velvet and massive bow waist detail is practically the skirt of my dreams. 

Top: Portmans
Skirt: Karen Walker
Leather brogues: Zara
Socks: Tutu Anna (Japan)
Pearls: Souvenir from Shanghai, China. 

Red velvet cupcakes photos from [http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweetmilliescakes/


2 comments:

  1. Prettttyyy :) cakes making me hungry haha. Found you from Ian's blog post LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes look so cute and yummy! I love your skirt.

    Xx
    www.estellelamode.com

    ReplyDelete