Friday, November 16, 2012

japanostalgia.




It's that time of year again! Another year of study over, 3 months of time to expend. Such an expanse of time, which I promise myself this year, like every other year, I will not waste away. With the festive season looming, crazy customers and insanely long shifts at work to look forward to [or rather dread], I look to February when I can escape to some exciting, exotic location. 


February vacations have become somewhat of a tradition now. 2 years ago, Europe. Last year, Japan.  
Tokyo. Kyoto. Osaka. Nara. Kobe. 

The dichotomy of the so very traditional and insanely modern. The order and cleanliness of the cities. The incredible politeness and helpfulness of the locals [despite the language barrier]. The beautiful food. The unbelievable shopping. The breathtaking scenery. A culture shock indeed, a place to awake the senses, just the escape I needed.

I simply can't wait for my next February adventure!
 
May all your wishes come true.
At Fushimi Inari. 
MUJI- going kooky for stationery.  
Disneyland carousel.


Vintage shopping at Shimokitazawa. 
Nutritious Brekky: Tempura Prawn Udon. 
Unlock my heart.
 At Umeda Sky Building, Osaka. 
Bits and Bobs.
At Toji Temple Market, Kyoto.  
Hanayashiki Theme Park- Asakusa, Tokyo. 
Candy, candy, candy. 

Vintage Kimonos at Toji Temple Market. 


 Kate Moss  at Harajuku. 



1 comment: